There have been more dramatic events this week than I can count. Family members, friends, and acquaintances have had incredibly difficult or challenging events happen over the past two weeks. Some of these events include devastating deaths, disabilities, difficult life choices, and the trials of life. Our phones and emails have been flowing constantly. While some have been asking for our prayers, others suffer from a distance alone and in silence.
It seems as though everyone is struggling in one way or another. I came across this quote today by Joseph B. Wirthlin. "I know that each of you bears a concern for a loved one. Give encouragement, service, and support to them. Love them. Be kind to them. In some cases, they will return. In others, they will not. But in all cases, let us ever be worthy of the name we take upon ourselves, even that of Jesus Christ."
I've been trying desperately to keep a prayer in my heart to have "concern for the one". I only hope I can live worthy of the name of Jesus Christ which name I have taken upon myself at my baptism.
Adam and I had the opportunity to go to the temple last week. It was a wonderful experience. The temple has been a great refuge for me when the storms of adversity whirl around. When I come out of the temple, I feel more grounded. I know the temple can be a refuge for any who seek for peace. We went to the Chinese Cultural Center over the weekend. The gardens were beautiful. Still, I have yet to find a place on earth where there holds a fullness of beauty and joy as I have found within the walls of the temple. It is not an elaborate palace, but a quiet and meditative place for worship, instruction, revelation, and redemption. As I came out of the temple I realized Heavenly Father's "concern for the one" and I can't wait to go back there again. He really does care about everyone...even you...even me.
3 comments:
your such a good writer Anya. Yes, I agree there have been a lot of trials lately...with us losing Ryan's best friend. It definitely helps having the gospel in our lives and knowing we have a Savior who knows what we're going through and made it possible for us to live together again.
(and the funny thing is, my word verification to post this is "trial") :)
Beautiful post Anya. I wish sometimes that we could make our trials dissapear, but I know that things happen and if we keep striving to do our best, it turns to our best good. The temple gives me inner strength, peace to know that I/my loved ones too are in the Lord's hands. There is no better place to be. My prayers are with you, with those who are mourning as well as the 'ones'.
You're just too cute for words. You inspire me.
Post a Comment