Today was Fast and Testimony meeting. During church, people can stand up and share what they believe. All of a sudden John stood up, looked at me and said "Mom, can I bear my testimony?" It was completely unexpected.
I was so surprised. I said "Ok!" Then in a bit of a panic, I looked at Adam and whispered "He wants to bear his testimony!"
Adam smiled and nodded. He told John to wait a minute to go up. Then, that little man walked up to the podium, took a seat and waited and for his turn. My heart was pounding because I didn't know how everything would work out. The congregation was watching and I was just so amazed this little boy felt inspired to share what he believed.
He stood up at the podium with his straight little smile. I immediately began crying (feeling filled with the spirit).
John pulled the microphone down and paused briefly.
"I know this church is true.
I know Jesus watches over us.
And he never forgets us.
In the name of Jesus Christ amen."
He walked back and sat down stalwartly with that straight little smile.
Adam and I looked over at each other in awe. It was a GREAT family moment.
5 comments:
that's so sweet. I love hearing kids testimonies.
I love that he got up!
That is a neat experience, I remember the first time Nina wanted to give her testimony, I had those same feelings. It's so hard as a mom not to cry in those moments, way to go John
That got me teary. We just love john. did he leave us a message last night, by the way?
I was in awe of how grown up he was when he got up. He was so confident in what he was sharing...and the spirit was so strong over the chapel. It was beautiful and amazing. He has the best role models.
Post a Comment