Friday, June 4, 2010

Facebook...OUT.

We decided to give Facebook the boot.  There were lots of reasons but the main objective was for Adam and I to spend more time with each other and the kids.  After reading Elder Bednar's Ensign article, "Things As They Really Are" it seemed appropriate to get rid of some of the extra online socializing.  Adam and I are just as addicted to Facebook as our friends and family, so the next few weeks will be interesting! 

We're filling our time with....dare I say....good old fashioned family fun!  The other night Ella and I went out into the yard and looked at the stars.  It was bliss.  Time well spent.  I had a feeling of sadness that online socializing took over a part of me. 

The blog can be just as addicting, so I'm making it a point to have some moderation.  The last thing my kids need is Mom plopped in front of the computer in blog-land (aside from the additional time online doing school work!).  I still value the blogs so much...I'm hoping to have a book made of the past year from my blog posts.  I hope family and friends will continue to check in on our family (as we continue to stalk all of you!).  Moderation, though, right?!

So, with that said, there are a few highlights of the last month: I went to DC with my mom and visited family for a whole week, we had the Gila Valley Temple Open house, and we ALMOST sold the bus to pay for John's eye surgeries but things worked out (for now!).

Adam and I are happy clams.  Life is good.  Summer is hot.  Keep up the green smoothies!

Oh P.S. - Our blog is public again.  I think going private for a while was a good idea and we might do that again in the future.

6 comments:

Allison Barry said...

Devin and I are also not facebook members! Welcome to the minority.

Hunnie said...

I know you were private, and all of the sudden I saw your blog on the sidebar of my blog again! Resurrected! Good to see your blog again!

Lori said...

Imagine my surprise when there in my google reader were post from Adam and Anya (last names left out to protect the innocent;) It's so nice to keep up with people who we don't get to see very much anymore. It was also nice to see you on Monday. Your family is just too cute! I too have taken a step back from facebook, although I haven't kicked the habit entirely yet. I do limit myself very much. With all the kido's home this summer they keep me pretty busy, and entertained. But I do cherish the small breaks in the afternoon where I get to do a little work (photography or school), and a little blog or facebook stalking. I'm glad you still got the bus. Oh the memories you all will have. I can't wait to see more pictures of it!

Ammanda said...

Glad to see you're back - I somehow missed the "going private" post...

Mindy said...

welcome back to public blogging. I like how I can see when you've posted something. :)
Hope to see more blogs soon!

davidjkotila said...

You and Adam continue to amaze me!