I finally sat poolside and finished up a book my sister-in-law challenged me to read months ago. Despite the NY Times Best Selling title, this teen novel had an abrupt ending and the editor was below par. Not recommended by me, but my sister-in-law has a great young perspective which I admire. I foresee this will be another Twilight type of series for young romantics.
1937 copy of David Copperfield (Charles Dickens) which has been
a venturesome yet emotional read so far this summer. The book is old and smells like an old library.
I love the classics. This book is poetic in every sentence. Copperfield's story produces an incredible amount of self reflection in my own life.
A spiritual boost when school day routines flee. This summer I've been gobbling up Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. This LDS Apostolic perspective of the life and mission of Jesus Christ is deep, detailed, and inspiring. Taking a chapter with my morning scripture study is very uplifting.
John is reading young physics books about magnetism and matter. Ella has been reading books about baby animals and families. Summer reading is wonderful. What are you reading?



6 comments:
I am reading the sequel to the Hungar Games. Can't seem to get through it yet
2 books
The Law by Frederic Bastiat
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Aloud to the kids
Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
just finished reading aloud
Mary Poppins by PL Tavers
We love reading!
All light reading but at about 4-5 books each week, its too hard to list!
Just got done reading the Percy Jackson series. I enjoy reading the clean teen books. It seems more thought goes into books that aren't filled with inappropiateness. My next read is a church book that came highly recommended called: "Becoming Christ."
I'm reading Peace Like a River-excellent! The Old Testament Made Easier-wonderful! and the Endign conference talks. There are others also, but like your mom, too much to list. Goodreads website is fun because you post your reads and the friends you choose can see what you read and you can see what they read and think about the books. I get a lot of good ideas for books there by people I trust.
I think the Wings book is written my by good friend's sister in law.
I just read blogs and baby research on line. :)
Post a Comment