When my mom and I went to DC this spring, we happened upon Julia Child's kitchen and the very scene in the movie. I could have spent hours in there.
Tonight I decided to make the infamous beef bourguignon dish. After a couple hours of slaving, I ended up with this masterpiece. In my giant le creuset pot given to me by my mom, it cooked so much faster than anticipated. Let me just say, the meat fell apart in my mouth and the sauce (substituted red wine with Concord red grape juice) was amazing. I almost cried.
Bon Appetit!!
6 comments:
A friend of mine slaved all day to make that dish not too long ago - then I happened to be over the next day at lunch time and...I got the leftovers - and you're right - it was DELICIOUS!
If the taste was anything like the aroma when you were cooking it, it had to be fantastic.
I think you should invite me over sometime so I can give you a written critic review.
looks yummy! I don't think I will EVER try to cook that dish.
looks good! I don't think I will EVER try to cook that dish.
OOOH! I want some!
Post a Comment