Friday, September 17, 2010

Growing Kids, Growing Hair and Growing Old

Time is going by so fast.  I kiss the kids goodbye every morning and appreciate their growing independence.  They are both great kids.  They don't have things easy, and they are really growing into amazing people despite life's challenges.  I'm really honored to be their mom.  John dreams big and wants to save money for family goals.  He even talks about ways to get a college scholarship. 

This is Ella mopping in her ruby slippers from Nana.
While dropping Ella off at school this morning I gave her a kiss and said goodbye.  She stopped and stared right into my eyes for a moment.  "Momma, I love you" she said, then hugged me one more time and hurried off to school.  The boys at school are already starting to say how pretty she is.  Of course she is.  She's OUR TREASURE.

I'm growing my hair out too.  I don't want to pay for a hair cut right now.  I'll keep curling it, overdosing on hairspray, and pulling it into a pony until I can figure something out.  I think I'm starting to go bald (maybe from all that hairstyling?).  My fine hair is getting finer by the month.  I tease Adam about having a bald wife someday.  Who cares!!  I'm almost 30 and loving it.  I really AM loving getting older.  Mostly, because I get to enjoy watching the kids grow up and see this whole amazing plan take place before my eyes. 
Life is so much more than money, ruby slippers and hairdos.

4 comments:

john and brenda said...

You are always right on Anya! I too love growing old even though I do have a receding hairline and I too, don't care!

Allison Barry said...

I am feeling old at 26, too. Your kids are precious and I love that Ella stopped to say I love you. Let those blonde locks grow!!!!!

Cobbs Hill said...

I understand all about fine hair! Your hair looks great! Remember when you used to say that as long as your hair and makeup look good, it doesn't matter what you're wearing- even if it's sweatpants!!! I still smile at that :)

miss you too!

Mindy said...

what cute kids. I can't believe John is already talking about scholarships. I didn't know what those were until high school probably! and Ella is going to be quite the heart breaker.
And if your sick of growing your hair out, I'm always here! I don't think your balding but you do have fine hair so it may seem more noticeable when it does it's seasonal shed. Mine is shedding like crazy right now (post pregnancy) and it's good thing I have a lot or else I'd be thinking the same thing!