Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tricia's Wedding!!

We went to my dearest high school BFF's wedding over the weekend.  It was so fun to see friends from high school.  Tricia was a gorgeous bride. 
The photographer took some photos of us, but the pics aren't on his website yet...so our Canon will have to suffice until then.  Here is a quick run down of our romantic getaway!

Seeing approximately 15 of these freeway signs on the drive to Cali.

The weekend with my darling.

No shower.  Yes, and when we got to the hotel I was ashamed to be seen.

We spiffed-up just in time for the beautiful glass Wayfarer's Chapel on an ocean cliff.  It was breezy and wonderful.  The sunset was brilliant too.  Adam is decked out in his gray suit, blue button-down.  I decided on a gray/blue DownEast Basics dress, silk and beads necklace with matching earrings, and my one-hour shoes.  Cost of both outfits: somewhere around $50 (we already owned most of it).  
+$3.49 for my fake eyelashes!  I learned how to glue them on right before the big day.

The BRIDE (a.k.a. - Trish, summer school companion, soccer TM, BFF, law school Valedictorian, the list goes on!)  Memories flooded my mind of our crazy high school days.
They are just too personal and hilarious to share on blogger.
Tricia's Dad told her we were there right as she turned here into the chapel. 
We shared a good cry together after the ceremony.

Congrats!

Anya and Kristi!!  Kristi's baby is due any minute!!  We were thinking it might happen during the ceremony.  There was lots of laughing that night!  Doesn't she look great..??  Another friend from high school!!

Yeah, so I don't have any more photos of our crazy night.  We all talked and danced (Adam and I danced until our legs cramped up).  We were smiling until our faces were hurting.  I wish I had more time with that bride but the day was wonderful!!

Redondo...view from our hotel room.  About 10 feet away from the water.  The the harbor seals were barking 24-7.  Adam and I giggled about that.


Yacht club.

Trying to get a cute shot of us was quite an ordeal.  So Adam started getting silly.

Why am I standing like Peter Pan?

Adam setting up the camera for a photo...Oopsies!  Look at that crazy face I'm making!

The camera kept falling. 
So we made another crazy face and then left for breakfast and home.
It was a great trip with my sweetheart. 
Thanks to Nana for having John and Ella stay!

4 comments:

john and brenda said...

So glad you had fun. Nothing like a get-a-way to change perceptions of the world from drab to lovely! Not that you were feeling drab before, just that ...oh you know what I mean! Was that THE Tricia? Why did she get married in CA?

Tanner Fam said...

How fun!! We were in Cali over Labor Day and we commented on seeing the same sign like every 5 miles...it was crazy!!
I could probably pick that stomach out of a lineup now.

You guys looked great.

Tanner Fam said...

How fun!! We were in Cali over Labor Day and we commented on seeing the same sign like every 5 miles...it was crazy!!
I could probably pick that stomach out of a lineup now.

You guys looked great.

Tricia said...

Hi Anya! It was so, so wonderful to see you and Adam at the wedding. I am so happy you guys were there!!! We hope to see you guys this spring when we visit Phoenix for spring training! Love ya girl!

XOXO,

Tricia