Tuesday, November 23, 2010

8 is Great

8 years ago...

A little man was born.

We were very young.

And he was very perfect.

5 lbs. 6 oz. of goodness.

Growing up was tricky.

But John was brave.

And sweet.

When he finally smiled we were thrilled!!

Because his munchkin teeth were so cute!

He thought Mommy was OK.

He thought Daddy was WONDERFUL.

What a joy.

He was Mr. Independent.

He started growing.

And growing too fast! 

Lots of people love John. 

And then he had a BABY SISTER.

So they became pals.

We are so glad John came to our family 8 years ago.
He's turning into quite a man.
Happy Birthday Bon Bon. 
Momma loves you.

9 comments:

Allison Barry said...

Oh Anya that was great. Even John's newborn pictures look like him now. What a sweet baby. I wish I was I knew him back then! And you guys did look VERY young. And John looks so handsome in that last picture.

Allison Barry said...

p.s.
I remember once I was on the phone with Devin back in our courting days, and all of the sudden he started ignoring me. When I said something like, "hello, are you listening to me?" He said, "Sorry, I gotta go. Johnny just got here!!!"

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pics! I can't believe he is 8. Make sure you tell us when his baptism is.

john and brenda said...

I didn't know John's nickname is BonBon! I love him very much!

Becky said...

Such a sweet tribute Anya!!!

Tanner Fam said...

Very sweet. I love how happy John and Ella look together in the pictures. 8 years go by so quickly. I am amazed at how life is passing by. BTW...you and Adam look EXACTLY the same now as when you first had John. Not cool.

Brooklynn said...

John is the best. Enough said.

Mindy said...

such sweet pictures! I can't believe it's been 8 years since he was born. We love you John!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

And congratulations John on your choice to be baptized. I think you are quite the fabulous young man. love, Sis. Smith