I love checking all the family blogs out there! I check on my friends and family member blogs - some of them daily. Sometimes I find friends through other blogs too and catch up by reading what everyone is up to.
There are a few blogs that I love the MOST because they always have cute ideas or great things to say...so I visit these blogs more to get new ideas, whatever.
I haven't set up the "follower" gadget so I just go to my blog and click on all the little blog links on the right side.
I have to say, NOT having Facebook has been one of the best decisions Adam and I made. Not to be a downer but...that program was chaotic to get rid of. Facebook would email us every day asking if we wanted to come back, sending us spam, and emailing us saying our friends miss us. UGH. I guess the extensive efforts to delete the account (after over a whole month of trying) wasn't a clue for the Facebook employees. They actually tried to lure us back on. Needless to say, Facebook is out of my life now and my time is refocused on self and family improvement...not "one-upping" my friends' comments. Come on, you know you do it. :) Don't even get me started on Twitter.
Instead, my personal GoodLifeAnya blog has been sufficient to air out my thoughts quickly using goofy videos without being so distracted by the latest gossip, political debates, complaints, and dare I say...potential ex-boyfriend friendship requests. Who needs that? Is that rude? Ah well. Just keepin it real.
Sorry for the bashing. I know I'm more out of touch with the world now. I know there are great things about FB. I also realize social networking and gaming is where our society is moving. But I'm "all set" with my blog and our family blog for now. What are your thoughts?
6 comments:
I totally agree. I won't even go into how I did it, but I managed to lock myself out of my account, and I haven't really looked back. It is amazing how much free time you find when you give up tiny things like FB.
Agreed! I'm not a "facebooker" either - although at times I've thought it would be really handy - but I'm busy and distracted enough as it is without adding facebook to it. And I've always said that the people that I feel like I ought to keep up with, I keep up with them - I don't need facebook to be able to do that. Sometimes it's good to let people from your past remain your past. Anyway - my thoughts. Thanks for yours. Good to know I'm not the only non-facebooker out there. (Not that I think facebook is bad, of course...)
First, mine is one of the blogs you really enjoy, right??
Second, facebook is saving me money. Now I don't need to go back for my high school reunion. Seen everyone, talked to those I wanted to. Done. But, Bejeweled Blitz for 5 min a day is reforming those synapses in my brain that have been lost to diabetic lows.
I know with many, facebook has been too big of a distraction and has even ruined families. Everyone needs to know their limits. I must say with the Tanner's being such a big family, we really keep in touch better that way. Most don't blog, but use facebook and so I'm able to be kept up to date on pictures and the adventures in the family. And let's face it...with facebook when I'm bored, I like to leave random sarcastic comments to brighten someone's day (or mine, at least).
XOXOXOXOXO <3
I miss seeing your posts on Facebook Anya. I feel like I have better relationships with people because of facebook. Plus all the grandmas like to see our pictures and see what's happening in our lives since they don't live here. I do like blogs but I don't have as much spare time to update it. But I always enjoy seeing your blog so keep it up!
I think Facebook is an amazing application. But after watching the movie "Social Network", I'm less inclined to use it. The same goes for Twitter. Oh, MySpace is also a problem for me. I will check in now and then to see what family and a few friends are up to, but that's it. I deactivated my account, but then reactivated it. Now I just don't go there as often. I had one person find my on Facebook and didn't want to be found every again by this person.
No more Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace for me. It someone wants to know what I'm up to, they can call me or email me. That's it. And if they don't have my email, I'm sure they can find someone who knows it. Good for you and Adam. After watching the movie, "Social Network", I'm less inclined to want to use such and application.
Post a Comment