Monday, March 28, 2011

Quick Campout

We promised the kiddos to go camping...so we hopped in the bus on Friday night and drove 15 minutes to the White Tank Mts. for a little family fun.

It was cold and windy overnight, but we woke up to glorious sunshine and breakfast burritos.

John carving wood.

It's been years since we've been desert camping.  I guess we don't really consider this as "camping" since we were so close in town.  But the view of the Phoenix skyline was beautiful and we made s'mores.


It's a very urban campground as you can see.

But the park is nice and we ventured out for a hike.


Adam and I were joking about how old we are getting.
We love it.





Monie baby LOVES camping.  She went into a deep depression when we got home.  She sat in the bus and gave us a very dirty look when we made her get out.

I think Ella's favorite part was the food and sleeping "upstairs".

Spring is wonderful in AZ. 

Gorgeous cactus blossoms.

Ok, here's our hike...Ford Canyon.

The saguaros are everywhere.

Down the wash.

Little bit of spring.

The birds love the cacti.

And the diamondback we almost stepped on.
Can you see it?

8 comments:

Aaron H. said...

Diamondback! AGH!

Lori said...

I love camping at the White Tanks! Did you scream when you saw the snake? I would have.

Mindy said...

creepy snake! looks like you guys had a fun time!

Stephanie said...

Scary!

Looks likes lots of fun. I love that I can go on adventures through your blog. Thanks!

Nicole said...

how fun!! you didn't bring the diamonback with you? did you?? I hate snakes!! we just love your family!!!

Allison Barry said...

that means you were sleeping out with snakes!!!! Ugh I can't even look at your post again because of the snake.

Fun trip otherwise!

john and brenda said...

Adam's hairline is looking like mine! So glad you had fun and so sorry I missed being with you on Sunday.

Ammanda said...

Fun! (except the snake, of course...)