I have to say there's a strange feeling I have now that I'm 30. I've been looking forward to this birthday for a while now. I'm quite happy to be done with my 20's. I learned a whole lot in those 10 years and I'll be forever grateful for the journey. But to be honest, it felt like a really long nightmare that wouldn't end. Adventures, drama, trials, hardships, financial strains, newborn babies, school work...how have I survived? Surely, only through the grace of a loving Heavenly Father.
I distinctly remember telling Adam when we were first married, "Even if we live in a cardboard box...I'll be happy as long as we're together!" I still mean it. Adam makes life worth living. Getting a chance to hang out with him in this mortal experience is my piece of heaven on earth. Our kids are beyond bragworthy. I have wonderful parents and a loving brother. The blessings are uncountable.
I have no desire to be rich or famous. All I want is a GOOD LIFE. In the best movie scene of all times, I quote: "Good times, noodle salad."
I'm quite certain the next 10 years will be filled with interesting learning experiences and trials that seem unbearable. But I look forward to every moment of learning. And perhaps a little noodle salad too! :)
4 comments:
Happy happy birthday, Anya. I liked this post.
Happy Birthday Anya! 30 big ones! :)
That was such a great post! Happy Birthday 30 year old! How blessed we are to have you in our family! How happy you make us and your dear family too!
I love being in my 30's. I remember turning 30 and being really nervous about it...but honestly, these have been some of the best years EVER!! If you want someone to hang out and get old with...I'm around.
Post a Comment