Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cabin Summer, Lynx Lake

We had a great two weeks up at the cabin.  We did a lot of work, played up in Jerome, enjoyed amazing Milky Way stars, went to the lake, and spent time with Mom and Uncle David.  These are photos my dad took when we went to the lake for the day.  I think we'll be going up again soon.  Oh,we also saw the fireworks before heading home.  Back to summer classes : ( 
We did some yard work and started on repairs.  The neighbor is a pottery artist and invited us over to make wind bells.  We loved that.  She also had an old VW sitting on her driveway, so Adam was in heaven.
Lynx - small pretty lake, no wake, and quiet.

Ugly hat, but sunproof.

Ella's blue lips from DumDums (I think we ate the whole bag).

Ella love paddling around in the new canoe.  She was a champ!

John just wanted to fish.  He was much more patient than the average kid.  John also met a neighbor boy who is also 8 years old.  While we were visiting, the boy had the exact same eye surgery John had!  John told him to not worry.  Not to mention we found out the boy's father and Adam went to high school together and were on the same hockey team.  Small world!

The bus enjoyed cooler weather.

And so did Monie Baby! 
P.S.- She learned how to dive into the lake to fetch sticks.
Monie loves the lake.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

looks like a great trip! so fun!

Allison Barry said...

Wow I think I have been camping along Lynx Lake when I was younger! I don't know if I have that memory 100% right, but I know I have definitely been there. Glad you guys had a great time. Yes, that is one wild hat you have on! I have one in pink. Safety first, right?

Treslee said...

oh! I'm so jealous you guys got to get away. That looked so fun, glad to see you had a great time!

john and brenda said...

What a fun vacation! I am looking forward to being with you.

john and brenda said...

What a fun vacation! I am looking forward to being with you.