Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving week.  We let John and Ella ditch school on Tuesday and drove straight up to Nana's cabin.  Adam and Uncle David worked endlessly on a perfect raised fort for John's 9th birthday! 
John and Ella wanted to play in it before it was finished.  The fort is next to the cabin on a hill and overlooks "the little valley of coyotes".  Packs of coyotes often come running through the dry river bed looking for jackrabbits.  We have to be cautious because neighbors have had animals killed from these packs.  Javelinas make their way through the hills too.  John and Ella look ready for intruders.

I sat unshowered and cozy inside looking through black Friday ads most of the morning.  David and I drove down the hill for newspapers.  My unkempt appearance shows just how relaxing it was to be up north.

The men worked very hard out in the cold.  We didn't see snow for this holiday.  But we expect a light blanket to cover things soon.

Can you see the little valley?
The cabin nearly borders Prescott National Forest.  Ponderosa pines can be seen up on the mountain looking toward Prescott.  We are not out of immediate wildfire danger though because the trees and shrubs are still quite large.

The dogs were on their best behavior...finally.

The kids suddenly refused a picture.  Adam and I were doing the angry laugh.
SMILE FOR THE CAMERA!!! 
I think they were upset we turned off their cartoon suddenly.  Oh well!  It's turkey time!
We had a fantastic time at the cabin this Thanksgiving.
Mom and I went shopping on Black Friday which was a piece of cake.
There were NO crowds...even at Target the employees were asking if we needed help.
It was very relaxing walking the tree-lined streets and seeing the fall leaves. 
We played games and laughed.  We had debates and took naps.
I'm very thankful for my family, friends, and blessings.
Happy Birthday John!


2 comments:

john and brenda said...

It looks like your holiday was glorious! I'm loving John's ice-cream cake and especially his fort! He'll have such happy times and make cherished memories there. Glad you had a nice weekend.

Allison Barry said...

Happy birthday to John! Glad you guys had a good time.