John was a champ! He wasn't scared a bit! He went right into his class with all the commotion and sat right down with all the other kids. I was worried if John would fit in right away but he was a calm example to some of the other children this morning! Most of the other children were holding on to their backpacks but John went right to his cubby and hoisted the heavy load right where it belonged. We were so proud! Adam even went to work late so he wouldn't miss out on this BIG day.
John's teacher remembered him right away and asked a few questions about snack time. She also wants to meet with us this week. I couldn't have asked for a better morning for John.
6 comments:
John looks so cute on his first day. It's a little ridiculous how beautiful your children are. I'm so proud of John for being brave! School can be scary when it's new.
i'm so glad to hear he was brave and it will be even better to hear how the whole day went for him after you guys left. i loved kindergarten but I remember some kids would cry and some would kiss their moms goodbye (I think we laughed about that) but then i was only 5. :)
that kinda sounded like a rhyme!
Good job John. How did you get to go in the classroom? Did you cry?
Not to burst your bubble, but the real test comes AFTER the first day. Noah slept from the time he got home until the next morning after his first day of kindergarten last year. But I'm glad everything went great this morning.
John was in my thoughts and prayers all weekend and Monday. i am thankful that he had a good day, unlike his aunt B! He looked so cute in his picture I just want to hug him! He's much better at hugs than he used to be!!! Hurray!
well he had a better day then i did. im so glad that john wasnt scared or anything like i was! i want to go back to kindergarten! but im so happy that he's doing good.
Post a Comment