Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grand Finale of Valentine's Day

I was reading through my high school journal this evening. The whole family sat down to watch High School Musical 3 and that got my brain going. I reflected the many boyfriends I had and the friendships I developed. I thought about my teachers, places I would hang out and trials I faced.

Now, I don't like to reminisce. I don't want to start thinking like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite, "Don't you ever wish you could go BACK?" I'm not that type of person. I never want to "go back".

But I learned some things about myself and I thought I would share them via internet...

1. I would jump from boyfriend to boyfriend...but I could never jump away from Adam.
2. I really do LOVE the ocean. And I mean, a spiritual connection.
3. I still have a problem with self esteem...when will THAT be done??
4. Travelling is a huge aspect of my life.
5. God doesn't change, so I'd better.

Now, to add a little Valentine's finale, I need to share a little love. Here goes...

I truly love being alive. It's SO difficult, but worth every second. I love my family and friends. I'm especially in love with Adam. I get the opportunity to share an eternity with him and that's an amazing thing. I love the gospel and what it has done for me. I would be years behind in life's progression if it had not been for this perfectly organized religion. I love my kids and I love their little faces, perfectly resembling Adam and me. I love my dog and all the dogs in my life. Where would I have been without a dog to lick my crying face?? Last but not least, I have a great love for my Heavenly Father who gives me all this. He knows what I love, and makes sure it happens in my life. Now THAT'S love.

6 comments:

Becky said...

this was a beautiful post. i'm so glad that you recognized the love that Heavenly Father has for YOU...you have grown SO much Anya and I continually stand in awe of your beautiful self.

john and brenda said...

I titally agree with Becky. You are such an awe-inspiring woman. Your worth is beyond measure!

Anonymous said...

And we love you very much. Watching our little girl grow to be the wonderful woman you have has been a gift from our Heavenly Father. We love you and your family very much, Anya.

Allison Barry said...

that was great, anya. I got a little teary. you and adam are so sweet together. i loved the sentence, "i could never run away from adam." that is so sweet.

Brooklynn said...

that is funny how you would jump from boy friend to boy friend. you sound like my mom

Tanner Fam said...

You and I are more alike than I realized. And since I think you are amazing....that must mean I am amazing!!! Ah...if only.