Monday, October 12, 2009

John's Twin

John reached in his mouth yesterday and pulled out a chunk of tooth. "This been bothering me," he said. I was shocked and looked into the back of his mouth and saw a giant lump of bleeding gums. "AAAHHHH!!!"
We made an appointment and went to the dentist this morning. I thought for sure he broke his tooth and had an abscess.
It turns out John's six year molar is coming in. After x-rays, the dentist realized this piece of tooth was a whole separate piece of extra enamel and tooth his body grew. It popped through the gums Sunday while his molar is still trying to come out.
The dentist, the hygienist, and I sat amazed at this little piece of the human body.
"IT'S HIS TWIN!!" I said.

3 comments:

Allison Barry said...

Congrats to the mother of 3!

Deb said...

That reminds me of that Greek aunt in MY Big Fat Greek Wedding, talking about her "bipopsy" and her twin! Funny!

john and brenda said...

Wow! That is amazing. I am thankful that John's mouth is 'normal'-no broken teeth!