Friday, August 13, 2010

Letting Go

Earlier this week I was decluttering the house, throwing old stuff away and cleaning.  I sat down for lunch and thought about my mental clutter.  I had a lot on my mind.  There was lots to do and even more...there was garbage thoughts cluttering my brain.

I decided to write a few things down that were bothering me.  My short list turned into a pile of things that have been crowding my brain like a disease.  Here's what it looked like:
It's a very ugly sight.  Sadly, there's still more mental decluttering to do.
I put them all out on the counter face-down.  Slowly, I picked up each one.
I let myself feel sad, hurt, or angry about each one ONE LAST TIME.


Then I burned it and let it go to Christ.
It was quite amazing.
It's time to move on with a lot of things.
It's also time to start filling my head with goodness.
Please watch the following post video.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great thing to do....If you see a bonfire in my backyard that is me letting go!! lol...Thanks for this post!

Hunnie said...

You realize our neighborhood is going to be ablaze at some point today, right? J/K! Really is a good idea! Thanks!

Tanner Fam said...

I sure hope your insurance agent doesn't read your blog.

john and brenda said...

That inspired me Anya. Thanks. I want to talk to you some more about this when we're together! I can't imagine you having that many cluttered thoughts! But then, I know the Anya that you are and nothing but the best defines you in and out!

john and brenda said...

That would be a great YW activity!