Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's been really cold here in AZ!!!  We even had a few snow flurries around the valley but nothing that collected.  The mountains are covered in snow and the views are gorgeous.  We had to cover a few of our plants and palm trees with sheets so the frost would not kill them. 

Besides the cold weather, I've created my New Year's resolution list.  Most people I talk with say "I don't do resolutions".  But I really enjoyed sitting down with some herbal tea and making a brief sketch of personal goals that I'd like to work on. 

One thought that came to my mind was "CLEANSE THE INNER VESSEL".  In my personal studies I've come across this topic and decided it would be an excellent start to a brand new year.  The focus of the "vessel" will begin with me (weaknesses, grief, health, spiritual and physical things I can work on from the inside). 

I hope that this personal work will expand to another vessel, that being our home (having better routines, order, cleanliness, and beauty within the walls of our house).  

After talking with John and Ella on New Year's day, they shared what goals they wanted to work on and I immediately realized that "cleansing the inner vessel" is a common theme for many people.  Improving ourselves and working towards being spotless is a great goal to have. 

I decided not to put specifics down on my list, but rather general things to think about throughout the year. 

GRATITUDE is the main thing I will be focusing on in order to achieve my goal of a cleaner "vessel".  With a gratitude attidue I'll be able to focus on my blessings instead of the negative stuff. 

Perfection in 2011?  No way! 
This is simply a great focus and a happy start.

What is your resolution?

1 comment:

john and brenda said...

Remarkable-you are Anya! So thankful for your constant stretching that inspires me to do the same.