Our sweet little niece, Trevee Sue, was born premature this morning and passed away. She was 14.8 oz and 11 inches long. Brian and Scottee, proud parents, have been through so much.
We went to visit them in the hospital this evening. Scottee needs rest and Brian is being a great supportive husband. They wanted to show us all the photos of their baby and talk about her birth. We were more than happy to listen as they shared their experience with us.
Trevee's hand and footprints, the size of a quarter, were amazing to see. She was just so tiny.
As we left the hospital, the same hospital John was born at, I read a quote on the wall. It was something that will stay with me and help me remember how precious life is. The quote went something like this,
"If there is anything sacred, it is the human body."
Seeing this little baby reminded our family what a gift our lives are. And for this, Trevee Sue, we thank you.
11 comments:
I'm so sorry your family had to go through this. I am sure your strength will be a blessing to your family at this time. (By the way, Jen has some of those very sweet and beautiful burial clothes made by Norma Beals if you need something.)
I'm glad you guys went to visit. I wasn't sure if they would want visitors or not.
What a sweet moment you had with them! I love that quote! I am sorry for your loss but know that you will see her again someday!
that was so nice of you to go visit. let me know if you need anthing, or a sitter?... I do have scissors, they are spring loaded, if you need to borrow them let me know :)
that was sad.
:( good quote though
The babies that are born premature are so precious and so tiny! Sorry for your loss. If you need and thing I also have outfits at my work.
your blog is always inspiring! Thanks for the great words.
tonya
Your blog is always inspiring. thanks for the great words.
Tonya
Anya, did you see that I just lost a baby? I was 20 weeks along when I found out she had died. It's been really, really hard. I did get hand and foot prints of her and they are so tiny. How far along was she in her pregnancy? I'm glad you were able to support her. As hard as it has been (especially since I was SO sick), I'm so grateful for the comfort of the gospel.
BTW, I'm really glad you commented on my blog because I just re-did my blog due to some problems on my old one and lost all the blog addresses. Yours was the last one I have been trying to get. Keep in touch, okay?
I am so sorry for your families loss. I am sure they are grateful that you went and visited them.
I have a wonderful book that was given to me when we lost our baby 8 years ago. It is called "Gone Too Soon" by Sherri Devashrayee Wittwer. If they are LDS it is a very good book, and was a comforting read. It took a few months after it was given to me for me to be able to read it, but it was really good. I hope that they will get through this ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I know when this happened to us it was very comforting for me to just be able to talk about it, and for people to not be afraid of me, even if all I did was cry.
Post a Comment