Well, this is it! I've been studying U.S. History this semester for school. This election has been more meaningful to me than any other. I've studied post-war conditions and the economy ups and downs over the past 100 years. All I can say is I hope the right people are elected. I turned in my early ballot last week. Yesterday, I received a call notifying me that I forgot to sign my ballot and I would need to come in to sign it or sign a provisional ballot. Where....WHERE else in the world would citizens be given such royal voting treatment??? I went down to re-vote and was SO grateful to stand in line for the minuscule hour of my day. When I was there, I saw my friend, Amy, at the polls and she emphasized her gratitude to be able to vote without people shooting at her.
I didn't mind standing in that line. I loved it. I AM BLESSED.
8 comments:
I fell the same way exactly! John and I saw the movie "The Secret Life of Bees" and as I the suffering, persecution and beatings the women took to get to have the right to vote, it made me realize how I take the privilege for granted. I LOVE our great nation and so pray that our freedoms will be preserved.
that's nice that they informed you about not signing so you could make yours count. we mailed ours in early a few weeks ago. i've been getting nervous this election that the wrong people are going to be running our country. hopefully that won't happen.
I'm grateful to live in this free country. I VOTED!!!
Thanks Anya! We really are blessed! I sent in my ballot early too, and as I dropped it in the mailbox, I thought to myself how much easier could this be!! Not only do I get to vote, but I can do it with such convenience and ease!! I realized I am incredibly spoiled! But, I become more and more grateful everyday!!
I voted this morning in El Mirage. I stood in line for about 45 minutes, which wasn't bad. I am happy that I was able to vote for my candidate which no problems. The last couple of elections I had to vote by provisional ballot, but this time I actually was on the list! Having just moved recently, that't a big deal to me. Thank you everyone for voting!!!!
Amen, Anya! As always, you have a great perspective on things!
Yeah!! Me and oaklee and Jax went to vote today. Oaklee asked why we had to vote and I told her we needed to pick the President. She did not want to vote, but I did!! No line...Whoo Hoo!!
I voted before preschool so lucky I had about a 3 minute wait! made it home before kids arrived :)
Post a Comment