Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Anniversary Update

We had a fantastic anniversary day yesterday! First we brought the kids to Gogo's for an all-day adventure (they picked oranges and watched show, Ella ate and ate). Thanks Gogo!

We drove off to In-n-Out for burger and fries...I scarfed it down.


Weird smiles.


Then we spent the afternoon at the Mesa Temple, reflecting and counting our blessings.
Here, 8 years ago, our life together started. We survived the "7 year itch" and we are pressing forward with a bright future ahead. Together, as we entered the House of God, we were able to reconnect and remember what life together means... Hard work, self-sacrifice, enduring to the end, forgiveness, repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. We'll keep taking it one day at a time, on our knees in prayer together, reading scriptures on the couch every morning, and laughing at the kids!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Aniversary! I love how you capture every moment. Sounds like you had a really good day. Ours is Friday and I have no idea what to do. Eeek!

john and brenda said...

You and Adam seem to have it all figured out and I am so impressed!!!

Treslee said...

Congrats! That's wonderful, what an example you are

Treslee said...

Congrats! That's wonderful, what an example you are

Allison Barry said...

you konw what would really complete this blog??? some single ladies footage...

Tanner Fam said...

Great post. Those are our best anniversaries...going to the temple and doing sealings. Congrats!!

Ande, Bastian, and Dad said...

I can't believe you have been married for so long. You guys are old.