Monday, March 30, 2009

Raw Foods Detox - PART 2

I survived my raw foods detox, yay! Alli helped me out with a raw food hook-up...nori rolls, crackers, truffles, etc. I couldn't have done it without her help. I also learned a few new recipes and I learned a lot about mind over matter.

Unfortunately, I woke up Sunday morning with strep throat. Yeah, everyone I saw from Thursday to Sunday has been exposed. I feel awful about that and I hope no one catches it too. I'm usually good about washing hands, so hopefully I haven't spread it.

I continued my raw foods until Sunday night, and finally went in to urgent care yesterday afternoon because my throat was abnormally nasty and painful. Not to mention an ear ache.

For the past 24 hours I have been extremely grumpy, tired, and unwilling to fulfill my responsibilities. Adam took John to school, I kept Ella home from school, and I've neglected every meeting/appointment I had today. I'm still in my pj's and I just watched the Today show which had a feature about "detox diets" and OPRAH. WHAT?!?! Do NOT tell me that woman has stolen my detox idea. Actually, I can't claim it to be my idea, but I don't want people thinking I decided to clean my system out because of her.

Anyway, I'm continuing some of the eating habits Alli taught me. I hope to be cheerful and balanced soon.

8 comments:

Deb said...

It was really Oprah's example that brought you to eat raw veggies. You can't hide the truth from us! :)

Jon said...

I hope you start feeling better soon. If you need any help, let me know, I'm just a call away.

Anonymous said...

That is weird, I took Beau to urgent care on Sunday too, he had pink eye, an ear infection and strep throat. It must be going around. Hope you feel better!

Allison Barry said...

i hate that urgent care place. i'm sorry you had to go. i am so proud of you for your detox!!!

Unknown said...

found you from Amy's sidebar... you're so beautiful!
Way to go detox!
(Haven't done it myself, but it sounds cleansing...)
And I hope you're feeling better.
xo

Tanner Fam said...

I never thought I would have a friend who was going through 'detox.' Hope you get better quickly, and quit copying Oprah.

Brooklynn said...

That sounds really fun to go raw for a couple days. I wanna learn about that stuff

Ande, Bastian, and Dad said...

That's right, we know the ever reaching influence of Oprah...there's no denying it Anya.