Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Good morning world!

















I was thinking about our morning routine and wondering if it's like any of yours. John comes wandering down the hall and climbs into bed with us almost every morning. Ella usually is the last one awake. She strolls in with her hair all messy. Here's an older photo of what morning hair is like.
We get breakfast (many times John has arranged the table with "breakfast all ready"). I go right to my scriptures and read away.
This morning I came across the Book of Mormon story, Ammon and King Lamoni. King Ammon was teaching King Lamoni about God and the plan we have on earth. It reads King Lamoni's "unbelief was being cast away from his mind, and the light which did light up his mind, which was the light and glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness- yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul".
I try to achieve this joy every morning. Before getting dressed or helping the kids get ready, I look to prayer and scriptures to achieve the joy that King Lamoni felt because of his faith.
Now, HOW do I get to this point before starting my day if everything is going wrong from the minute I get out of bed?? Most days I have to ask myself this question. My mind returns to the scripture again, "unbelief was being cast away from his mind".
Was it God casting it away for him? I don't believe so. I believe it was Lamoni who needed to cast these thoughts away. Isn't this what free agency is all about?
SO the question is, "What unbelief do I need to cast out of my mind today?" And the answer is...all of it.

2 comments:

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

Well my girl, your blog is wonderful! first of all, I love the clean look to it. Your blog header is very nice. AND as I read all of your posts, I could really feel a great spirit to it and your family. Your blog is EXACTLY what will influence your friends and family for good, AND also bring others to feel your family's love for the Savior. It is a wonderful testiment of truth and light.
(sounds sappy and corny, but totally true!)
((So glad to get to know you better!))

Allison Barry said...

Anya I am so proud of your blogging. It has brightened my day here at my not-so-exciting desk. You are such a great mom.