Now some people think this was the dumbest thing we've ever done and others are madly jealous. As far as we're concerned, it's our family vacation. We took it camping up near Mingus mountain. WOW. This bus hauls. We were laughing so much! It wouldn't start up one morning so we opened the fan belt casing and shook it. Something fell out then it started again!
Adam is already restoring the body. We hope to make everything brand new and take a trip to the Jerome bus convention. Maybe we'll get the prize for "most original".
We expect to make many fun memories. I can't believe how easy it is to drive. We've already been offered $100 to put it in a music video. HAHA
9 comments:
Anya! SO happy to hear from you. I love your blog and know that you will have a great influence on those who read it. Beautiful kids by the way...John reminds me a little of David when he was that age. Keep in touch, okay?
PS: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your van. I'm a little "green" over your fantastic find!:)
PPS: Tell me how you found me?
Anya - you guys ARE crazy! I can't believe you got that van, but love that you did. What a fun time for your family.
Your blog is so cute. It makes me motivated to create mine. Love the green van!
Okay, so I have noticed that van at least three times driving down the street today. I can't believe it's yours!!! My kids are so in love with VWs and Hannah especially is going to think that is the coolest thing ever. You'll have to let my kids climb around in it one day. That is so fun.
Welcome to the blogging world!
My family had a few of these growing up. We happend to have a green one when I turned 16(we called it the "Sweet Pickle Bus". Do you remember those books?). Everyone thought it was the coolest thing. I loved it. The funnest car to have as a teenager. I am jelous.
Jennifer
Great Blogspot! I love the Van. It's a wonderful life!!!
Just wanted to wish you a happy journey with your Westy! I am a husband and father of 2...and today I am putting a for sale sign on my Green 1979 VW Westfalia. I've had her since I was 17...and I'm 35 now. Your enthusiasm for your new "Green toaster" has me feeling a little happier. I have had so many amazing adventures with my van. I hope you have the same! All the best. -Shawn O'Keefe, Victoria, BC, Canada.
Just wanted to wish you a happy journey with your Westy! I am a husband and father of 2...and today I am putting a for sale sign on my Green 1979 VW Westfalia. I've had her since I was 17...and I'm 35 now. Your enthusiasm for your new "Green toaster" has me feeling a little happier. I have had so many amazing adventures with my van. I hope you have the same! All the best. -Shawn O'Keefe, Victoria, BC, Canada.
Post a Comment