Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Puppy Mill Show

I invite you all to watch Oprah's puppy mill show on May 29th. It should be showing at the usual 3:oopm time.

Puppy mills are places where dogs are bred and kept in (often times) unthinkable living conditions.

Some of us have recently adopted new pets. Others will be adopting one some day. It is my earnest hope that we will all be dedicated to adopting animals from local shelters or rescues rather than through breeders or pet stores.

Take a drive down to Maricopa Country animal shelter. I think it will change your mind about breeders or pet stores. There are rows and rows of dogs on concrete floors sharing cages with other dogs because there is no room. Hundreds and hundreds of them...right now. And that's just one shelter.

We can make a difference.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I will try and watch. I'm not too big into Oprah these days but sometimes she has some good episodes. By the way, you are so good at blogging. There's always something new and interesting to read each day! :)

Allison Barry said...

Hey i caught some of the "puppy mill" show. Devin and I are obsessed with ashra.org- it's a husky rescue site. We actually met the owner on a hike in Flagstaff- we are definitely getting Dixie's playmate (if that ever happens) from there.

Lori said...

I have been meaning to mention we have been scoping the shelters. We are totally going to get a new dog once we get into our new house. At first Richard really wanted a fancy shmancy expensive dog. I was like no way when there are a million dogs at shelters for way cheaper. We would really like a puppy though. Wish us luck on adding our newest member to our family!