Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Green Drink

I wasn't going to waste time putting this picture on but after I made the decision, it only took me 1-2 minutes. I'm getting better technology skills doing this blog!

Well this is my green drink. I adapted it from Alli's and the one featured on Oprah's health show. Dr. Oz, co-author of "You, Staying Young" recommends this green drink to boost a healthy life.

I haven't read the book but I noticed my father-in-law was reading it at our cabin trip. I was impressed! Dr. Oz has some remarkable advice for adding years to your life.

My green drink changes depending on what I have in the fridge. I don't drink it all the time - just when I can. Here's what I put in it today:

Two cups spinach
Half a cucumber (peeled)
One apple (cored)
1 inch ginger root
Juice from half a lemon
Juice from half a lime
6-7 large prunes
A handful of parsley
Two stalks of celery (greens left on)

Blend in the blender with ice and water until smooth.

6 comments:

john and brenda said...

Yeah for green drink! I put more fruit in it but I am going to have to try more veggies. I feel ripped off if I dont drink one a day!

Brooklynn said...

i sometimes like those but then other times i dont. but good for you!

Jon said...

This sounds absolutely gross! Does the fruit sweeten it up? When I was a kid, I used to play CHEMISTRY. I'd take spices, food, toothpaste and mix it up into a "special formula." I never drank this stuff, but it looked really disgusting. I hope you like your drink as it sounds like a healthy choice.

Tanner Fam said...

Ummm....no comment.

Allison Barry said...

where the heck do you buy ginger root? sprouts?

Mindy said...

good for you. (i just saw "B" said that too) :) I need to get healthier but that looks like too much work.