Tuesday, December 30, 2008

John's Ear infection...trip to the ER

Yes, John has an ear infection which thrived despite our garlic oil naturopathic attempts.

He was feeling better for a week then today he started crying and saying his shoulder hurt. He complained for two hours about this bizarre shoulder pain. When he started burning up with a fever, I figured it was time to go to the doctor. Our Naturopathic Physician is unfortunately on vacation, so we were left with the Del Webb hospital on the "worst day of the year" as we were told by the employees. Who, by the way, treated me like some psychopath mother.

So, after a 6 hour ER visit, we found out he still has a tiny ear infection....nothing else. He had strep swabs and chest x-rays, but he's fine!

I guess John needed to teach us an ear infection can sometimes feel like a sore shoulder... ? ?

These are the moments I want to step inside his head to know what it's like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of John's ear problems. That must have been one heck of an ear ache to have affected his shoulder.
The long ER wait really stinks to, especially when you're little one is in so much pain.
I still have me ear ache and I'm just trying to tough it out - I think mine is sinus related.

agmon said...

i recommend you to check out the eardoc it is the best thing for ear infection
as it is not invasive and it treats the problem rather than the symptom.

i hope he would feel good

Becky said...

I'm sorry Anya...it's never fun to be stuck in an ER and go through all the testing and waiting and frustration. I've done that many times. I hope that his ear heals quickly.