Friday, April 24, 2009

Tough times call for mighty prayers






Along with the EBV I had the opportunity to catch the stomach flu. So, on Wednesday after my IV, I went home and went to bed. I woke up at midnight with the most frightening experience. I was hyperventilating, my heart was pounding, I thought I was going to pass out. Well, I went to the bathroom and let's just say it was not pretty. I lost all control of bodily functions.
Anyway, I threw up and struggled to breath until about 7am when Adam fixed me a ginger/honey drink which saved my life. Adam continues to run the whole house. My doctor thinks I have pleurisy too, so I'll have to continue to rely on everyone's help. I'm so grateful for Adam's hard work. (See photos...yes, that's my torn Boston College sweatshirt circa 1990-something)
We've had a lot of hard times in our family and extended family this week.
Still, I feel a great sense of peace and love. These trials that come challenge my testimony and bring me into the depths of humility. I was able to cry, as Peter did, "Lord, save me." And whether in pain of heart or body, I could feel the power of a loving Savior reaching his hand out for me. The scriptures say, "The Son of man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater the He?" Then I find comfort in knowing I am truly not alone.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Anya - I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm always here if you need a helping hand.

Tanner Fam said...

Remember those pictures all of you were posting with your un-sexy photos? Yeah, these could've made the list.
I hope you are on the way to recovery. Please call if you need anything. You know we are waiting in the wings to serve you.
Thanks for the graphic vomit story.

john and brenda said...

My mightiest prayers are with you Anya and your sweet family.

Love the pictures!

Thanks for the fun party last night.

Allison Barry said...

I still can't believe you were socializing at Ella's party even though you didn't feel good! I hope every day is an improvement for you. I know you are pretty sick of this. sick of this- get it?