Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ella's Dentist Appointment

The dentist and hygienists had to hold Ella down in order to clean her teeth today. It was quite an eventful morning. She screamed and cried the whole time and the entire office was watching the whole thing. Ella was very angry that I left her in the hands of these women. I have to say though, they were very professional and great with her. Ella needed firm women to let her know we ALL need to get our teeth cleaned. I was grateful for the opportunity to have her teeth taken care of.

The dentist told us Ella has enamel hypoplasia attributed to a complication during my pregnancy with her. John and Ella were both small newborns and I had a hard time gaining weight during the pregnancies. I'm thinking this is the problem. I also know there are connections with low weight infants and autism.

We're just so grateful our kids thriving and becoming wonderful contributions to the world. We are SO SO blessed.

For now, Ella will need to continue taking her supplements and we'll need to watch her teeth carefully. Thank you West Valley Pediatric Dentistry!

1 comment:

Allison Barry said...

Anya I need to discuss with you what you do for insurance. Since both our husbands have the same boss, we're kind of in the same boat!