Saturday, July 5, 2008

New Door

We had an eventful 4th of July. While Adam was weed whacking a rock hit our 8 foot tall arcadia door window. It shattered into a million pieces.
We debated our options and decided to buy the french doors we've been wanting. For the cost of replacing the glass we thought it was better to get a more energy efficient door.
Thank goodness for Adam's bother Devin! He came over and worked ALL day helping Adam get the door in.

Devin was the brains today! We couldn't have done it without him.


Here's Adam and John putting on the doorknobs. Now we just have to cut the trim and finish it off. I was very impressed with the "G.B." brotherly teamwork. It looks nice doesn't it?

8 comments:

Joey and Megan said...

Well that's one way to get the home improvement projects done. Lucky that Adam knows how to do practically everything :) I love having French doors to the back, I don't miss the sliding door at all.

Brooklynn said...

I love the door!

Teri said...

looks great I love them!! just got back from our trip I will call you!

Tanner Fam said...

I am sure you were conviently waiting in the bushes with your rock...poor Adam, to blame it on him doing his chores. Hey, I can appreciate a woman who gets things done.

-Jon said...

Now we know how we can get French doors installed for our patio.
-Dad

Mindy said...

those look really nice. good job Adam and Devin!

Lori said...

I want to get french doors at our new house. Now I know how I can get it done. I'll have to wait till it's in the budget though.

Allison Barry said...

Devin is such a good man!