Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Phishing

We have been attacked by a number of phishers over the last few months. Some of them come via email and others on the phone. Phishers try to scam people into giving them money. Some phishers even have bits of your personal information.

We have been harassed lately (almost everyday) by rude "collectors" telling us we have delinquencies. We have no delinquencies with anyone. These people try to get our social security numbers and our birth dates.

They are ruthless. I almost wonder if they don't even realize they are breaking the law.

We are registered through the National Do Not Call list. If you are not, please register. It is against the law for telemarketers to call if you are registered on this list. Go to donotcall.gov to register your phone number.

To avoid phone fraud, click here at ftc.gov. LEARN how to protect your family!!

Protect your family against phishing too. Watch the videos an learn!

You can log a complaint against any company that is harassing you. Go to this link again at ftc.gov.

We have contacted the FTC and they are extremely helpful on the phone as well. You can call them at (877) FTC-HELP.

Remember, if no one reports crime, no one gets caught. Keep your families safe and ALWAYS report companies to the FTC if they call before 8:00am or after 9:00pm.

3 comments:

Brooklynn said...

oh thanks. that sounds scary!

Mindy said...

I put my cell phone on there a while back so hopefully that helps. I bet you don't even want to answer the phone anymore. I usually don't unless I know who it is...same with answering the door.

Tanner Fam said...

If you give me your social security number, I can fix all these problems for you. ;)