I was having a hard time getting pumped about church this morning. I had a lot of responsibilities awaiting me and the thought of taking a nap sounded glorious. We don't usually miss church...next to never. So today I got in the car and submitted to our "routine".
As we were driving I decided to put a CD on for the kids. This particular CD in one I made for all the children in primary. An unlikely thing happened.
John began singing. It's not usual that he sings along. Usually, he ignores the music or gets overstimulated from all the noise. But today he sang "I Am a Child of God" (our theme song this year in church).
If you are not familiar with the words, I'll share them.
I am a child of God
And He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind a dear
(and my favorite verse is the last....)
I am a child of God
His promises are sure
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me.
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with Him someday.
I had a hard time keeping the tears back. This is the reason why we go to church. It helps us endure. We can get out of the world for a little while. We receive inspiration and help. And every Sunday (after church) we meet back at the car, and we take a deep breath - ready to endure another week in the world.
4 comments:
i liked that post. Does john know all the verses? I don't
Good for you guys. I don't know what I would do without the spirit. It touches us in ways we could never imagine. Is that a new verse. I am emberassed to say I don't know it.
I think we all feel that way sometimes, like it would just be easier to stay home and relax. But then I always remember how completely empty my week seems without church. Added bonus: I get two hours kid-free at church :) Sorry that you don't!
isn't it amazing how sacrament really recharges your battery? i can't imagine how hard it must be to get 2 kids ready for church. you are a good girl. sorry we didn't make it for Bee movie the other night- we did get the baby's room all painted, though.
Post a Comment