Thursday, September 18, 2008

Chopped Pants Idea


I had some pants that were a little too short. I chopped them off, sewed a cute stitch on the bottom and made some capris. Then I used the scraps to make a skirt for Ella. CUTE! The skirt can be made cuter if you want to do snaps or buttons instead of elastic. (Notice Ella's VW T-SHIRT!!!)

12 comments:

Allison Barry said...

dang, Anya! you are so good at sewing things! Ella is so cute i can hardly stand it.

Stephanie said...

Super cute idea. I didn't know you were a seamstress. Sew fun!

Teri said...

thats such a cute picture of her!!

Jess said...

Super cute! You're so crafty!

Becky said...

GENIOUS! BRILLIANT! I LOVE IT!

john and brenda said...

You are so clever and thrifty! Ella looks like she is getting into the modeling business!! So cute!

Aaron H. said...

you are SO good. never cease to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

I real nice job. I would say they look like you bought the skirt at a high-end store! Keep with it!

Brooklynn said...

I love that skirt! it is so cute! Ella is too! you are a very good sewer.

Jo Jo said...

I know have double confirmation that the creative thing is in you (blog, skirt). Some of us would call that talent. Very cute. Amy Jo

Andrea said...

What a brilliant idea! I love it.

Jen said...

Hi, you don't know me--I stumbled across your cute blog somewhere and was scrolling down when I saw this post about the skirt you made your daughter--it is so dang cute!! Would you mind giving me directions on how to make one for my own daughter? She's seen the picture and wants a "skirt made from momma's pants" too!
I hate to put my email on the internet for the crazies to find (hopefully you don't think I'm one of them), but you could go to my blog and leave instructions there, if you're willing. It's notesfromjenspen.blogspot. (Be aware though, I'm not really much of a blogger, it's just a place where I can post some pictures for the inlaws. It's not cute!)
Thanks in advance!
Jen