
I've been awake since about 3am. John woke me up because he had a bad dream and I told him to hop in bed with me. Just as I was falling asleep he picked up his head (we were sharing my pillow) and he dropped it right on my face. With a very loud clunk, I sat up and said OW!
It's not a nice way to wake up. It makes it even worse when you're trying just to get through the night with a cold. You know, when every swallow reminds you of your sore throat and don't even try to breath out both nostrils.
After 45 minutes or so I decided to surrender to a very early morning and now I'm here, eating an ice cream sandwich to try and gain weight.
I love the stillness of the morning though. Whether I go back to bed or just sit, I'm glad to have a quiet moment. There's no sound in our house. Just me typing and our kitchen clock ticking in the background. There's a gentle light coming into the sky and our dog Bessie is laying out on the patio admiring it too.
This type of morning is better than sleep. It fills my soul with peace. I'm able to think clearly about what's truly important.
1 comment:
oh man. i guess john's head didn't seem to mind so much. :) You'll just have to take a nap later today. I wonder if that's why my dad likes to get up so early...for the peace and quiet, time to ponder.
I think I will try your advice on giving Ashlyn her own spoon. I thought about it but didn't think she would take "her" spoon out of her mouth long enough for me to still feed her since she just likes to chew on it mostly anyway. I will try it though and see what she does.
Post a Comment