Saturday, June 21, 2008

Adam's second post

Here's to ALL the stay at home Mothers out there.

I stayed home this week with the kids while Anya was out of town. I have to say it is not easy to do. I always thought I knew but I now have a better idea of what it's like. I have a better testimony on work and how it can help one to be happy. Even though work is hard it does bring joy somehow. I thought it would be great to stay home and veg, but turned out I couldn't sit still very long so I cleaned and cleaned. Just when I thought I could sit down and relax I wouldn't be there more than a couple shows. I would find myself looking for something to clean. I do need to admit it was nice to be out of the sun and watch The Price Is Right. But I still probably watched more TV then most mothers do.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

To Adam: that's funny. I say to myself everyday, what should I clean today? of course I don't get much done and I try not to turn the tv on until later in the day cuz then I really don't get anything done. most of my day is just playing, feeding, and trying to get Ashlyn to take her naps. :) you'd think that sounds easy but it gets tiring and old some days. I'm sure the kids liked having you home for a change though.

Deb said...

Adam: What most people don't realize is that being a stay-at-home Mom actually requires a mind and will made of steel! There are times where the drudgery, boredom and lack of empathy from others could drive one screaming from the room! To stay at home, care for others, clean and maintain a home through repetitive actions is truly a difficult task. Anya does it better than most people I have known! I also know that she didn't learn it from me!! Jon and I are very proud of you both!

john and brenda said...

Isn't it nice to have a change from the routine, even when the change can be harder than what we're used to. I loved that you cleaned!!! Now you know why I was always cleaning when you kids were young. It helped with the 'boredom' of just doing the same thing over and over. When Greg was a baby, I started getting hooked on Ryan's Hope, a soap opera. That's how boring my day was. But after Brian came, and then you and on and on, I didn't ever watch TV. Besides Seseme Street was always on! I love you Adam. You and your family make my heart happy!