Saturday, June 21, 2008
Surprise Pride Day
I got home from Mummu's funeral in St. Louis yesterday and we all woke up early to help in the Surprise Pride Day. Reporters from the Arizona Republic were taking pictures of John and Ella working hard. We also heard Fox news and channel 5 were in the area filming. We cleaned up 4 yards and other volunteers across Surprise was working throughout the community too. Adam showered quickly and ran off to do temple work with the youth. I'm working on a post about my our trip to St. Louis right now - but I just HAD to write about Pride Day! We were able to talk with neighbors, volunteers and even the mayor. The spirit was strong as we all came together to help HOA's with foreclosed homes. I wish I could have done more to spread the word but we were out of town. I think the next pride day will be even more successful. This one was organized in only two weeks! We had well over 100 people helping. Now THIS is living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's great! you guys are such a good family. And I didn't know you went to St. Louis for the funeral. I bet that was nice to see family. That explains why I haven't seen any new posts in a few days from you. I'm such a stalker. :) Great job on the Surprise Pride Day though! All of you!
Post a Comment