
A blog is an online journal...and so I will write as I ponder. My Mummu passed away this afternoon unexpectedly. It seems as though a wave of death's vapor is travelling through my family. As we gathered at Mom and Dad's for dinner tonight we found out the news. We were all surprised.
There was something calm about this evening though. We were a family together...a physical separation has occured - but we are not separate. The children were playing and I was still able to look around and see other family members around...living and loving.
The spirits of those who have passed obviously linger. And rather it being a "vapor of death" it is more like pure water...living water. It surrounds us and fills us with a sense of continuance.
What an experience to feel this living water...it engulfs us when someone passes. This is the peace of God through our true living water...Jesus Christ. He overcame death. And rather than choke on a vapor of death, we are able to breath the living water through his atoning sacrifice.
Jesus said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink." So often I feel that thirst. But as I remember the Savior, I am able to drink and have joy again.
This is real. This is joy. We can live and be together again.
6 comments:
holy smokes. what a tough week. you have such a great perspective though - good for you.
I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'll be praying for your family.
I am sorry Anya about your grandma, I hope you are doing okay!
My thoughts are with you, Anya.
Sorry to hear your sad news. I am always filled with so much peace when a loved one passes away. Isn't our knowledge of the plan of salvation such a blessing? Hang in there.
I know how hard it is to lose a grandma. I hope you are well. If you need me to watch your kids while you go or are at the funeral please ask.
Post a Comment