Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spa Day


I've scheduled an at-home spa day for myself today. I woke up with a stuffy nose and achy body so I need a little TLC. First things first...I started my day off with some scripture reading around 6:30am. I just have to get that boost to be able to accomplish anything in the day.
John came strolling in and I told him I wasn't feeling good. He came back into the room with tissues and a trashcan. I took the opportunity to lay still on the couch for a few minutes.
I went to the kitchen and prepared some "pink ice cream" in the blender...frozen strawberries, almonds, rice milk, and a frozen banana. I'm not quite sure I'll gain weight with this but I just HAVE to have something fruity and healthy when I'm not feeling good.
Now I'm sitting on our massage chair and typing this post. I have VT's coming around 10am so I'll plan for a little girl talk time and take the rest of the day to relax - possibly do an at-home facial. I boil water and sit over it with a towel over my head, then I apply a mask.
Do any of you schedule these days? Well, I still have to make lunches, clean here and there and play with Ella but my brain tells me "RELAX" if I tell myself it's a spa day.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I just did a mask yesterday but it wasn't too relaxing as I was trying to entertain Ashlyn at the same time and not scare her with my masked face. :) Hope your get feeling better. Enjoy your spa day!

Stevenson's said...

When I first started reading this I was like wow, someone is coming to her house to give her a spa day that's awesome! But it still sounded like a lot of fun. Good for you to relax. I saw the pictures in the paper today too very nice.

Aaron H. said...

i LOVE your style Anya.

john and brenda said...

Anya, I LOVE reading your blog. It always is filled with the Spirit and lifts me. You and the force behind your family's service to the community and to each other. I love all that you do for and with them. I wish I had known that your pictures were in the paper!

The funeral sounds like it was a great occasion for sharing love and memories.