

We put Mr. Binks down today. Here's a tribute to a girl's best friend. I got Binky when I was in 8th grade and he was the best thing that happened to me as a child. He taught me a lot about being responsible. I remember the first few nights when he was brand new. He would whine all night long...his kennel was right next to my bed. The only time he would stop whining would be when I put my fingers through the crate so he knew I was still there.As we grew up we'd have lots of laughs. Together with my best friend, Joscelyne, we would take the most wild adventures together. I would even put Binky in my bike basket and ride around the neighborhood with his ears flapping in the wind.
One time I remember was driving across country as we moved to Arizona. Binky loved Sour Patch Kids. Joscelyne and I bought a huge box of them in hopes to eat every single one before making it to Phoenix. Binky helped by eating ALL of the yellow ones.
After I graduated high school and we moved to Arizona, life started going by so fast. I moved out of the house for about 8 months and Adam and I were engaged. Mr. Binks quietly watched from a distance at Mom and Dad's house. We were married and bought a new house where we welcomed Binks with open arms. It was great to be together again. Well, one change that Adam insisted on was Binky sleeping on the floor instead of the bed. Binky knew Adam's position on the subject and never put up a fight about it. He just accepted the floor.
Binky saw it all. Even when we brought John home from the hospital he knew exactly what was taking place. He submitted to my ever changing life and was the ONE stable thing I had. He truly taught me about consistency and diligence because he never changed. Even to the last moments of his life at 15 years old, he submitted - like dogs always do - to life and death.
Now Binky wasn't a perfect dog...but he was mine. Something to hold onto through the years. I'm so glad for the opportunity to learn from him. He truly was a girl's best friend.
11 comments:
I hadn't realized you had him for that long. Farewell Binky!
nice post Anya. sorry for your loss.
that makes me sad. I knew it was coming but it's still so hard to say good bye. He was such a good dog. If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here! Maybe Cozmo and Binky are playing together. :)
Anya- That was very sweet!
I am sorry Anya! I ahve 2 dogs myself I dont know how you did it.
Anya -
Hey... truly sorry about Binky, but I am happy to have found you on the blog scene (through Becky's blog). I hope you don't mind me checking in once in a while. You were my favorite piano student after all :)
Seriously - your family is beautiful. Greetings from Utah :)
Ben
15 years is a long time to have a dog. i'm sure he loved you like crazy.
Sorry Anya! There is something about having a dog since childhood. As kids, you count on them a lot. Sounds like Binky had a good life!
oohh are the kids doing ok with it? I know its hard to lose a dog when your little... Hope all is well with ya!!!! oh p.s. try eating ice cream for breakfast!!! yummy!olhytnw
oh no! im so sorry i'll miss him a lot
I am so sorry to hear about Binky!
You have had a hard week!
Post a Comment